My latest tweets

Friday, October 1, 2010

YouTube VOTW (October 1, 2010)

Jason Williams, known to relatively new NBA fans as the backup point guard for the Miami Heat and most recently the Orlando Magic.  Whenever I think of him, I see the explosive, flashy young combo of Pete Maravich and AND1 Mixtapes that he was with Sacramento and Memphis.  As Jason matured, so did his game, which meant goodbye to a lot of the flair embedded into his play.
  
A video editor who goes by Yinka Dare made this highlight reel of him a long time ago: I remember downloading it from Limewire as a much younger kid and watching it over and over on my Windows 98 PC in the basement.  Take a walk down my memory lane in this week's VOTW.
  
(Observe the sequence at around 1:22, when he embarrases some Heat player, then in another play toasts Gary "The Glove" Payton, one of the finest defenders the league has ever seen.  Also, be careful kids, the song does contain a fair amount of expletives.)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment